It was announced this week that the fifth issue of Shock Totem will be arriving in July. It was supposed to be released in January, but problems arose. According to Publisher K. Allen Wood, the delay was caused by the lack of good submissions. You can read about it here.
The cover for the July issue was also revealed. Check it out below. The cover was done by Mikio Murakami, who has done all the artwork for Shock Totem since issue #3.
Here is the Table of Contents:
* Taking Root by Mercedes M. Yardley (Editorial)
* In Deepest Silence by Ari Marmell
* Girl and the Blue Burqa by D. Thomas Mooers
* Digging in the Dirt: A Conversation with Jack Ketchum by John Boden
* Hide-and-Seek by F.J. Bergmann (Poem)
* Eyes of a Stranger by Nick Contor (Essay)
* Postmortem by Kurt Newton (5-Part Illustrated Micro-Serial)
* Jimmy Bunny by Darrell Schweitzer
* Strange Goods and Other Oddities (Reviews)
* Little Knife Houses by Jaelithe Ingold (2011 Shock Totem Flash Fiction Contest Winner)
* Canon by Anaea Lay
* Bloodstains & Blue Suede Shoes, Part 3 by John Boden and Simon Marshall-Jones (Article)
* The Catch by Joe Mirabello
* Three Strikes by Mekenzie Larsen
* To ‘Bie or Not to ‘Bie by Sean Eads
* Howling Through the Keyhole (Author Notes)
The issue will be available in print and digital formats. You can preorder the issue here.